At 4.35 am Pakistan time on 30th March 2013, SAWERA's office was hit by a bomb blast. All equipment, including the vehicle, was destroyed.
The Society for Appraisal & Women Empowerment in Rural Areas (SAWERA) is a women led NGO working for women rights and empowerment.
SAWERA is a women led NGO of tribal women which aims to help empower women socially, economically and politically.
This is the second tragedy in less than a year.
In July 2012, SAWERA's co-founder Farida Afridi was brutally murdered by militants on her way to the office, following threats related to her work.
Repair work has started. The team at SAWERA are determined to continue
HOW TO HELP
(amounts are in Pakistan Rupees)
- Sony Miltimedia Projector - 102,000
- Desktop computers (2 x 75000) - 150,000
- Building Structural Repair - 1,000,000
- Gate - 75,000
- Scanner - 7,500
- Executive Tables (4 x 15,000) - 60,000
- Office Tables (5 x 9,000) - 45,000
- Chairs (13 x 3,500) - 45,500
- Office Cabinet - 18,000
- Files Rack - 15,000
- Printer HP - 20,000
- Furniture work building - estimated - 150,000
- Glass work building - estimated - 100,000
- Office furnishing and white wash etc - 100,000
- Other miscellaneous small damages - 50,000
- Refrigerator - 40,000
- Air conditioner split (2 x 45,000) - 90,000
- Office security cam system - 300,000
- Photo copier machine - 100,000
TOTAL: 3,858,000 Pakistan Rupees