An end to the cycle of violence in DR Congo, and the stigma and silence associated with it.
All women need to be empowered to break the cycle of violence.
To empower the Congolese women and girls via formal or informal education on human rights, in towns and in remote villages, in order to be well equipped in promoting their rights and act accordingly for developing the Eastern DRC, the country and the Great Lakes Region.
In this context, we will empower them to say NO to violence and to the abuses committed against females; some cultural discriminatory issues will be addressed, as well as the consequences of the long lasting wars that imperilled the Eastern part of the DRC because these elements truly impede the women’s development. This will be achieved through educative open discussions and exchange on various personal abuses testimonies done on women and girls by different actors in different settings and places like home, work, school, church, etc.
Moreover, women will be encouraged to set up small and or if possible big income generating activities in order to be self reliant and thus be able to give their contribution to their families’ economic development.
- Empowering the DRC women and girls to be able to break the cycle of all forms of violence done on females and thus build a safe DRC for them in particular and for every Congolese in general.
- Promoting gender equality to opportunities and self expression. Break the silence and speak out of discriminatory practices and myths that deny the rights of females and that have always neglected and disvalued the woman by giving it all to the man. So, such cultures must be rooted out since they still consider the woman as a thing that deserves no value. Males also have to be re-educated on how to consider females for a better, well balanced and safe social harmony.
- Self development; in addition to promoting their rights, these women will also carry out some activities as to develop the country and their own welfare.
- Educating potential women and girls able to defend safely their rights based on positive civic, moral, spiritual and political values. This helps to obliterate ignorance and in this way to promote collective education via participation in sharing opinions and experience.
- Rendering services to the COFAPRI members, the country and the region in general.