'I am a frontline worker in Social Services, writer and footballer living in Toronto. My passions include #VAW advocacy, my amazing family, football, coffee and my two cats.
I contribute to various magazines and write about my experiences in football and sport in my blog “Tales of a Hijabi Footballer”
Articles & Blogs
- Ignorant Solidarity with Muslim Sportswomen
- Jumping hurdles, leaping fences and smashing through ceilings
- Women of Colour in Sports Media Campaigns Represent…themselves.
- Why was one of Africa’s greatest athletes forced to strip naked?
- 'Saving Women Should Not Mean Promoting Islamophobia'
- Helena Costa: Paving the road to the Future of Football
- FIFA and Head Coverings: "Football is for all of us"
- World Said 'Walk', Destined to Run
- Women’s Soccer… and Burqas
- Veils, Sport and the Value of Dialogue
- Skateistan- bringing a whole new level of radical to Afghan Girls
- Douchebag Sports Journalism and the Balotelli Girlfriend Sex Non-scandal
- Boston Marathon Tragedy through the Eyes of a Hijabi Footballer and Wannabe-Runner
- Iraqi Football: Re-Establishing Sport, Rebuilding Pride and Denouncing Denominationalism
- Gaza Marathon Cancelled After Women Are Banned From Participating
- A Dangerous Game for Women: Football and Corrective Rape